Monday, January 08, 2007

Children of Men

I saw the movie Children of Men this weekend. Trini-wife and I decided on the spur of the moment to go see a movie and after looking at what was available, picked it as it got an 84 from Metacritic. An excellent score for a movie. We didn't know anything about it (deciding to skip reading the reviews). All that mattered (at the time) was that my wife saw Clive Owen was starring in it and so she was sold.

Good thing too, having seen the movie first and then reading the reviews after; I would recommend you not read any of the reviews as they may bias or tell you things about the movie that may ruin it. Needless to say its well worth the high reviews. Clive Owen is funny and believable throughout the movie, Michael Caine steals the show in parts and the cinematography is spectacular! Its probably worth watching for the camera work alone.

Its based on the book of the same name by P.D. James. And there are some parts I wish the movie expanded upon so I'm not sure if this was a failing in the book too. If you liked V for Vendetta then you'll probably like this movie. It also reminds me of 28 Days Later. Ok, that's all I can tell you without going into more detail on the movie.

Go see it, tell me what you think.

No comments: